Wednesday, June 30, 2010

hello hello!!

so on day three of our adventure to NYC we got some sad news... our house in the DR was broken into. quite a bit was stolen, like a fridge, stove, all appliances, drills, etc. Oh and light bulbs. So they took their time while stealing. what makes us angry is that no one heard it when there are three guards in a block radius or less. there is a guard with a shot gun right over the wall, so i"m just pissed that no one heard it. Another thing that makes us angry is that the window that they used to come in the house is so small and the bars make it nearly impossible to enter that they had to use a kid and when he entered he opened the doors from the inside out to let them in. So we had many mixed emotions yesterday and were kind of in a slump.
So we went to a vintage button, pin, ribbon and lace etc store and usually I would be bouncing off the walls I was reserved and my mind was elsewhere. But we traveled from Maryland, to Pennsylvania right on into New Jersey yesterday and we have called the place we are staying and asked if it would be OK if we came a day earlier to avoid all the traffic for 4th of July weekend.
So tomorrow we see that 1st place we will be staying till the 12th. which I'm estactic for it sounds great, big and close to the financial district and tribeca. The owner of that apartment is a drummer for a Latin band or something, so he is on tour and letting us stay in his apartment!
Where we are staying in New jersey is beautiful, nice older stone house with a great big wooded green back yard that I have fallen in love with. Oh and I saw my very 1st chipmunk yesterday and now I wasn't one as a pet! my parents object but I will have one at some point in my life! there is ivy growing and sun shinning through the trees it seems like a secluded magical land behind a stone home.
We have lots of plans in the city! seeing friends we haven't seen in long time and friends from Sarasota who will be coming to the city that we will meet up with, so we have lots of exciting things!

check back tomorrow late or tomorrow might for a new update! much love
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment