Sunday, June 20, 2010

hi all!

All is well here in florida, I have been working at the Asolo before leaving, to make some money before I go (to then go shopping in NYC!). While there I have been working on some designes by Eduardo Singcago, for the Opera Areadne de Naxos (spelling might be off), and working makeing some great garments! I made a bathing suit.. super cute! and a huge skirt of a dress 24 ft long train with a million ruffles- ok mayeb more like the hundreds, but It took 6 days of sewing 9-5 daily to finish it! Looks amazing! unfortunately only going to be worn for 4 performances. Anyway all is well!
So im here at my computer on fathers day with exactly a week away from going to NYC! Im nervous and excited at the very same time! I have so much to do before I leave, like start this blog, pack and doc apts! I have started to pull some clothing items aside, I have been told Cotton, will be the way to go! but I also want to look cute so not every thing is cotton, but I will be looking fab! I do know roughly what I will be doing! I will be runing to and from fabric stores, running errands, getting coffee; I will mostly be outside all day long in the city being a go getter! I will be using my baby snatcher for my days as I have been told a big bag with room and everything I need from 8:30am - 6 pm . I havent realy looked for another bag, that is more stylish, so I will use it till I find something cooler and better (which my mom will be so happy when I find it!) I dont think I will be taking many pictures of what I'm working on, or who i meet but I will do my best! Oh! I forgot the most important info I wil be working on "Leap of Faith", a new "Chicago "(I dont know where it will be if it is a whole new show or if it is just a guest role replacement)and "Henry the VIII" (i believe that is 8th) So im super stoked!
Much love and will write again soon! XOX

2 comments:

  1. HI Amanda! love the pink on your new blog. reminds me of your pink ruffle dress. keep me posted! i will soon put up those photos I took of you and everyone else that last day of class in Maria's classroom... I have been so busy I keep forgetting to do it. maybe today...

    your life is going to be a big adventure! have fun in NYC!

    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sandy!! I will have a blast and hope to see the pictures up soon! lately I have been wearing the small amount of pink I own and I think it is due to that dress and that it is a summer color!

    ReplyDelete