so today we woke up at 6 to come into the city at 7:30, we have so much luggage that we didn't take the train we came in by car. which was nice. We moved into a great apartment about 4 blocks from the World Trade center and a few blocks from the Hudson, which is beautiful. The apartment is quite big, but we are only here for about a week or so. We went to see where I will be working, which is a cute Green building and I start work on Monday. We have been exploring a bit, buying groceries, and going to fresh food markets, which we will be going to quite a bit. walking around the financial district I noticed that men wear a large amount of blue button downs, I don't know if it supposed to make people want to deal with them more, or that people feel more comfortable when a man wears a blue shirt, but it was strange. what do you all think?? My dad and I walked by a small park and there was a HUGE man who looked important (don't have a clue who he was) but he had two body guards and a private car. it was interesting, I smiled as we passed and he smiled back.
It has been a beautiful day here in the city 75 degrees, breezy and nice. It is a great change from Florida or Iowa.
Oh we went by the Yacht club in NYC, and saw some HUGE boats.. we were in whole foods and I recognized one of the names from the boats on a guys shirt while we were shopping and he said he wanted 3 dozen duck eggs, so I smiled and he smiled as well... i saw that he had filled two shopping carts full and that there were two more on the way...
We have found awesome parks so close the the apt. Oh and by the Hudson we saw the statue of liberty and Ellis Island.
Day isn't over, but i will update if anything else happens
Amanda
It has been a beautiful day here in the city 75 degrees, breezy and nice. It is a great change from Florida or Iowa.
Oh we went by the Yacht club in NYC, and saw some HUGE boats.. we were in whole foods and I recognized one of the names from the boats on a guys shirt while we were shopping and he said he wanted 3 dozen duck eggs, so I smiled and he smiled as well... i saw that he had filled two shopping carts full and that there were two more on the way...
We have found awesome parks so close the the apt. Oh and by the Hudson we saw the statue of liberty and Ellis Island.
Day isn't over, but i will update if anything else happens
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment