sorry i combined them all but I have been so busy and my body has been in such pain that i chose to go to bed really early every night. I discovered I have a nickle size blister on the ball of my foot.. and it hurts.
day 7 -
so i did quite a bit that day... I know that I will be putting heat rhinestones onto something for Joan Rivers! She cancelled on her fitting with William, due to Heat exhaustion. Oh now I recall every I thing that day.. i delivered packages around NYC.. all around NYC no joke.. Libby and I walked almost 4-5 hours straight.. I delivered a package to the headquarters of Victoria Secret. Unfortunately I couldn't get passed security.. they were dumb.. I was told to hand deliver all the packages.. so security told me to take it to mail room.. I was told NOT to so i objected, and they called up and the woman came downstairs to the lobby to pick it up. Oh and my cousin Erica, came in from Denmark.. she has hopefully been having a blast.
day 8-
well to day started with dumpster diving today. Libby, Adrianne and I along with Brian from the studio, all found that there was a store about 4 blocks away throwing out hangers (wooden hangers). So we went with trash bags in hand to get as many as we could.. we got there and had 4 bags full and a box or two.. we all made it back to the studio with many stops along the way. Brian and I then went back for all the clear plastic tarps.. to pack costumes in when shipped.. then we did things around the studio.. boxed all the hangers into boxes.. set up racks for the following days clothing delivery.. I then was told to deliver a package so Cathy Parrott could meet me.. I met her, Landi(her second asst) and Becki ( her main asst).. I then quickly realize that Emilio Sosa (project runway season 7 contestant) was the designer.. I knew he was DOMINICAN.. on the way out Cathy and Emilio, were saying good bye.. I just said it in Spanish and his jaw dropped. I told him I was Dominican and he ran to me and SQUEEZED me.. it was AMAZING.. i told him that he was the only Dominican costume designer that I knew of and he said he was the ONLY one; I said hold one moment.. I'm the other one! and he and I giggled.. I hope to be able to meet with him for dinner and pick his brain!
day 9-
today! man.. so Donald came back from the school (a Massachusetts School that houses all the costumes that William has designed.) so he asked when we were swatching (Tuesday) to get black on black Jacquard's so that this morning we could choose one for the lining of Mama Morton's coat for Chicago. well we didn't have all the samples in the city.. so my job was to get as many as I could .. well I had done some research that helped me get some more stores, we didn't think about.. so I was on a million sent out at 12:45.. went to 6 stores (Mood, Eastern Silk, Beckenstein, Paron, B & J, and NY Elegant).. I was supposed to be back by 3:30 - latest.. i was back at 2 with all samples, labeled (where I got it and how much a yard) William chose a fabric and at 2:45 I was sent out to get 8 yrds, then asked to take it to the shop replacing the lining.. Donnie told the owner of the sewing shop that I'd be there in an hour, well I got the fabric took it to the shop and returned to the studio all in 1 hour. Then all three of us got items together for the students coming in on Monday from Elon..
** on the train headed back (around 1:45) to the studio from the 1st swatch trip.. there were two guys from England in the same car, who were cute, they got off before I did (bye / or so I thought) After William chose the fabric and I was sent on the mission.. I got on the R train and they got on too, same car, and train as before.. one of the guys turned to me and said "didn't we just see you on the last train", I said "yes, it must be a rare occurrence that strangers keep meeting." THEN he asks if I'm getting off at 34th, because he'd like to buy me a beer.. I said " I would love to but I have a special job, and I'm on a mission, and that I was getting off at 42nd." They got off and said goodbye.. I NOW have realized I should have given them my number.. BUT I'm sure we will meet again, after all we met twice in a span of 45 min in NYC. ** hold out hope**
NIGHT ALL!
xoxo
OH im going to see Chicago for FREE, with the girls next wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment