We have had an eventful day! i was lazy this morning, because my room has no windows, so it is like a cave and I cant tell what time of day it is, so I just sleep. So i woke up at 10, had some yummy breakfast and coffee; took a nice warm shower. Then we got on the road and got a library card! So I can do some grad school research and more Gadot research. We went to whole foods, grabbed some small lunch fixings, for a picnic tomorrow for Governors Island and the Zoe Deschanel concert. So we had a great low calorie lunch today and will have a great one tomorrow!
We then headed to our friends home from the Dominican Republic, who now live in Yonkers.. so we took the 1 train all the way to the end 242st, in the Bronx, she came and picked us up. But while waiting, man did it make me miss the DR and how everyone lives outside.. it was a blast to watch. People just parking in the middle of the street to unload there car, then taking their barbecues to the park to cook food. The smells made me soo hungry and made me crave Dominican Food like no other.
Cathy came and picked us up, and drove us to this great little home that no lie looks like a Hansel and Gretel house with a beautiful garden full of flowers, lettuce, fruit and so much more. I wish I had taken pictures of the house and garden. It almost felt out of place in the United States and that it should be in the English countryside. Then on the inside it was full of color and vibrancy with lots of love. Pictures were a must. They have two sons and the youngest woke up and we went out to the garden and pick fresh raspberries. I'm not a huge fan of raspberries but man, these were incredible! I could have eaten them all day, everyday. So tasty..we had fun in the garden! and then dinner was served and it was an aromatic, home cooked, Indian food feast. Oh man I was in heaven. The tastes were so great and full of love.
Then we played games and looked at pictures of old times and of a newly bought home in Kenya, which needs work but when complete, it will be great. Saw some completed homes and they were my style for sure!
We then got back on the 1 and came back home. We are in our apartment, full of wonderful food and watching Iron Chef America - Garden Challenge.
Night all and let you know how tomorrow goes!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment